A Project: Remodeling 731 James, where our story begins

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paint and Kitty Paw Prints

I am a firm believer that curiosity killed the kitty.

Or maybe it was the frustrated human, shaking it's head at the adorable curious kitty who has seemingly embraced the talent of "ruining" everything in it's path...

Either way, I am proud to admit that there is never a dull moment with Sinatra, Oscar, and now Savannah, (a puppy who likes to cause a little trouble as well).

Although I would hate to admit it, I have yet to complete the projects that beg to be completed throughout the house. In fact, I happily walk by the boxes that blanket the office floor and the screwdrivers that have become an ever pressing staple of decor throughout our home. But somewhere deep within our beings, we decided to do a little around the house this past weekend.

Sounds good right?

WELL, don't jump to any conclusions just yet....

As I was making dinner Monday night I hear the boys in the living room say "Why does she look wet." In my head, I am thinking Savannah must have got in her water dish, or even yet, Sinatra or Oscar fell in the toilet again. (No matter how many times I tell Dru that Sinatra and Oscar are boys, he calls them girls). Relatively unfazed, I continue making my chicken lasagna roll-ups until I hear, "Is that paint?" 

Tomato sauce in hand, I follow the curious boys down the hallway into Dru's room where the paint tray is surrounded by cat prints. Upon further investigation, not only was Dru's room covered with kitty paint prints but the hallway, and our bedspread. 

Sinatra had found his curious little self in the paint tray. 

How? I'd like to think he was coerced, by a villainous gray kitty by the name of Oscar...

I imagine, however, it was all three of the jungle animals running wildly about, celebrating our negligence.We did in fact, fail to put away the paint tray upon use..


 
 As for getting the paint off Sinatra, 
This pretty much explains it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...